Women’s Habitat is seeking to fill Board vacancies and are looking for individuals with skills and experience in any of the following areas: program and community development, finance, fundraising, communications, marketing, law, social justice & advocacy, and human resources. We are especially interested in persons who are from the not for profit, charitable /voluntary sector. We are interested in women with lived experiences in poverty, violence and homelessness. Previous Board experience is a definite asset.
Inclusion in the Workplace
Women’s Habitat operates on the principles of mutual respect and dignity of and for all people. As a feminist agency, Women’s Habitat takes a proactive role to ensure equal civil, human, social, economic, political, spiritual, and sexual rights for women.
Women’s Habitat does not tolerate racism, prejudice, or any form of discrimination. We are committed to equity in employment and service delivery. As an agency committed to feminist anti-racist, anti- oppressive (ARAO) principles, we will work towards confronting and eliminating discriminatory incidents and behaviour at the individual, organizational, and societal level.
- Women’s Habitat will provide ARAO training for all employees on an annual basis.
- Women’s Habitat will strive to reflect the demographic of its client group in the hiring of staff and appointing of board members.
- The agency will track the cultures and languages of women who use our services and strive to reflect these languages and cultures in our hiring practices.
- Women’s Habitat hires on an affirmative action basis. This means that in the event that two candidates have all of the required skills and qualifications, the candidate representing an under represented group within the agency, will be hired. It also means that we will actively seek candidates who represent groups which are underrepresented in our staff and reflect the diversity of our clients.
- Issues arising from claims or instances of harassment will be dealt with through the use of the workplace violence and harassment policy.
AODA’s Accessible Customer Service Policy
Women’s Habitat of Etobicoke is committed to providing courteous and inclusive services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities and promotes the principles of integration and equal opportunity.
Assistive devices: Staff members are familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by clients with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
Communication: We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Service animals: We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
Notice of temporary disruption: In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for clients with disabilities, Women’s Habitat will notify clients through the best possible method.
A notice will also be posted on our website: www.womenshabitat.com
Training for staff: Women’s Habitat will provide training to all employed staff members who work in the client’s service field.
Feedback process: Clients who wish to provide feedback on the way Women’s Habitat provides goods and services to people with disabilities can:
1. Email customer service at email@example.com
2. Call customer service at: TTY (416) 252-0361
All feedback will be directed to the Main Office of Women’s Habitat. Clients can expect to hear back in 5 business days. Feedback will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies: Any policy of Women’s Habitat that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.