We have partnered up with Aura Freedom, an organization dedicated to supporting individuals victimized by human trafficking, on an advocacy brief and call to action to have the City of Toronto recognize Intimate Partner Violence as epidemic.
Intimate Partner Violence was recognized as an epidemic in 30 different municipalities across Ontario, in response to the recommendations made during the inquest of the murders of Carol Culleton, Anastasia Kuzyk and Nathalie Warmerdam, in Renfrew County. Yet, the City of Toronto has lagged behind.
We urge the city to take a stand and recognize IPV as an epidemic.
A Call for Organizational Endorsements
To endorse this Urgent Call to Action, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your organization’s name and “Endorsement for Toronto IPV Epidemic” in the subject line and we will add it to our list of endorsements below. Please not that only organizational endorsements will be listed below, individual endorsements will be kept private.
This list is updated every 1-2 days, please check back regularly for an updated list.
- Abrigo Centre
- AIDS Committee of Toronto
- Albion Neighbourhood Services
- Anduhyaun Inc.
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline
- Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic
- Canadian Centre for Women’s Empowerment
- Canadian Centre to End Human Trafficking
- Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture
- Canadian Femicide Observatory for Justice and Accountability
- Canadian Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
- Caribbean African Canadian Social Services
- Centre for the Study of Social and Legal Responses to Violence, University of Guelph
- Community Family Services of Ontario
- Elizabeth Fry Toronto
- Embrave Agency to End Violence
- End Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting Network Canada
- Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter
- Family Service Toronto
- FCJ Refugee Centre
- Good To Be Good
- LAMP Community Health Centre
- Native Women’s Resource Centre of Toronto
- Parkdale Queen West Community Health Care Centre
- Peel Regional Council
- Safe Hope Home
- Safe Transitions
- S.E.A.S. Centre
- Settlement Assistance and Family Support Services
- South Asian Women’s Centre
- Stonegate Community Health Centre
- The Child Development Institute
- The I Do! Forced Marriage Project
- Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/Multicultural Women Against Rape
- Victim Services Toronto
- White Ribbon
- Woman Abuse Council of Toronto
- Women At The Centre
- Women Won’t Forget
- Yorktown Family Services: Violence Against Women Services
- YWCA Toronto